Friday, October 29, 2010

Dumb conclusions (the optometrist appointment)

I do not know if anyone has noticed, but anymore we tend to simply come to obscene conclusions that frankly make me want to laugh. Only in America could something like what happened to me yesterday happen. Me and my adopted sister met up and she had an eye appointment so just thinking OK we can spend time together I went. Besides she was uncomfortable with the doctor and one of the receptionists likes to follow her around, thus I came to help her out and like I said we could spend some time together. We went in and started looking at the glasses and I of course laughed at a few really bad ones I(EX: the ones with fake diamonds on them that looked so tacky it hurt) and then the doctor called her in. I started to go and sit down then he asked her if she would like her "friend" to come in. She did since she really does not like him, but alas she cannot find anyone else under her insurance plan. Thus I walked in and sat awkwardly in a chair and he asked her what her "friend's" name was and I responded. After wards we presumed to getting the glasses with the uncouth receptionist stalking us as we walked about and her peer helped my sister pick out glasses. When she would find a pair that my sister actually tried on out of their small selection she would turn to me and say "do you like her glasses? Let's see what your 'friend' thinks after all she should have a say in them (wink wink)". After almost bursting out laughing at the seams and them handing me some sarcasm on a silver platter my sister asked which glasses exactly her insurance fully covered. They pointed to the ten thick rimmed, eyebrow covering "oh my god I am in the fifties huge" glasses with bright colors and I made my move. I swiftly said "please do not even think of it! there is no way I will be seen in public with you with those! Are there any other ones?" - I set the trap the lady goes " well there are others but they are more expensive" "I see do not worry I am only joking, I love you". Bingo the place goes up in flames. The receptionist backed off and looked at us with a sigh of relief as I addressed the giant white elephant doing the cha cha in the room and the woman helping us let out an "awww!". My sister clenched her jaw and I could see the "after we get out of here I am going to kill you" look come out. She refused to even go to the bathroom in there out of the sheer agony that they thought we were a couple and dismissed the idea of anything else. Only in this day and age could something like that happen. Think about it. It used to be normal for men to kiss each other or girls to walk arm in arm or anything else. As opposed to the conclusion people always draw to with us that we are lovers, which is false concluding we are both straight. Now people jump to conclusions so fast my fiery brain, which will take any opportunity to be sarcastic and tease my poor sister is in complete bliss at the blunder so often made. My sister said I am not allowed to speak if I go with her to another appointment after that, but hey I had too many people to play with that decided to jump to a very wrong conclusion. Besides we know the truth and that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment