Saturday, January 15, 2011

College

Ok so I am a college student and I go to Brigham Young University in Idaho. I love it dearly and the joys I have with my friends and roommates. I always find it funny though how many people misunderstand the college student. I have heard many myths about us and about my culture. For example I am a party animal because I am in college. Not true I love to study I like to party, but I am never wild. We do not drink so we have hot chocolate and root beer parties. Also on weekends we tend to watch movies or go around town and have some fun. I have never gotten into trouble nor do I plan to. Myth two people at a LDS college are just looking to get married. No this is false I will get married when I want to. Granted some are just here for that, but do not judge us on a select few. That is like judging a book by its cover and so not cool. Also fun facts about my college: we do not have frats or sororities and we take pride in an honor code. We have to be in at a certain time, but that is because when it comes down to it how many people are out late at night and not getting into trouble? It is to make sure we behave and focus on our studies. I am at a strict college, but hey I like it. I love the college student life and the whole idea of it. I cannot wait to graduate but right now I am enjoying my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment