Thursday, January 20, 2011

what is important in life

Sometimes it seems we get so caught up in our lives that we forget what is truly important. Especially here in America where we tend to get caught up in our technology and in our work or school or whatever. We never have enough time it seems to stop and smell the roses. I know when I am home from college I tend to do this. We seem to forget it is not money that is important or all those fancy objects in our lives including that brand new ipad or iphone, but it is love. It is our family and the joy of living. We are here on this planet for such a short period of time that we forget that we should enjoy our time and the people in it with us. I know when I take the time to eat lunch out with friends or go to a movie with my family it makes the day go so much better. Even just simply getting out of class and instead of hitting up the library going home and taking a nap to revitalize after a long day just makes life so much sweeter. I love it just when I make time for others in my schedule, but I love it even more when I make time for myself and pace myself as opposed to booking my schedule with everything I want to do. It is much healthier for you than running around and stressing yourself out. Family and friends are important and so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment