Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another award in the shadows

OK so I just happen to win awards. By accident they come and I feel rude not accepting them. Just this week I found out I got a scholarship to a college I do not go to and I am in the finals for a creativity award for a speech I submitted on a whim.I don't try they just come to me because I am a natural speaker and never write them, just speak them. I can change one speech to fit any audience. It is nice to be recognized for this, but there is a limit. Frankly how many more awards could one person get? They have paid for my college tuition because I am said to be a born leader. but I keep them hidden and will bring them up only when questioned about them. I feel like they belong to my family because they are what drives my passion, but it would be rude to simply hand them over. I guess I should be thankful because they are first place and a lot of people work their butts off to acquire my talents. Frankly though I feel if I win this next one maybe I will have actually deserved it concluding I actually put some effort into it. I spent a few hours not minutes writing it and did a little research for it, but not much just a little Google. Sometimes I wish though someone could take the limelight. I would bow out gracefully as I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment