Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gotta have fun

So one thing I have realized as a psych major is you have to have some fun in your life. Seriously I have picked a career route where they say you have to be a little nuts to be good and really and truly know yourself in order not to lose it completely (not joking on this). The only way to really know yourself is to explore and realize what you like and do not like (for example I love everything to do with nature and hate rap). Then you have to take these items and relax a little because your job is to listen to other people complain about their lives and help them realize who they are or treat and find cures for people who have real mental issues. Thus you have to have a little fun and know how to do it your way - not someone else's way because their views could be different in this aspect. For me this is big because I have been accused of not knowing how to have fun because I had to help my family since I was young and have been seen as the responsible child as well as the youngest. I am also the only one to even graduate high school nevertheless make it to a private college in the sticks. Thus social life was nonexistent and time outside of home was family time. Since then I have learned you have to lighten up and have some fun though or else you can end up with health issues. Thus going out and having a good time once in a while truly is not a bad thing and why not explore? For me that is part of the fun in life is exploring new things. Example I found out I love horseback riding after taking a class on it and I love laser tag after getting a free laser tag coupon. Having fun actually lowers your stress levels and exploring exercises your brain so you are less likely to develop something like Alzheimer's or dementia so I thoroughly recommend it. Life is too short so you have to let go at least once in a while and expect the unexpected because some times things are just going to happen and you will not have a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment