Friday, March 11, 2011

Funny how things work

Last night around 12:00 am I got a skype call. It was from a friend of mine who just recently got engaged and was having some issues. Some friends of his disapproved of his decision to get engaged. Frankly I have seen this couple together and know how much they love each other thus to me their disgruntlement about the engagement is void. Then again they are a couple states away and have not seen how much he has changed. I guess I have to go back to about a year ago and explain. Frankly last year I found this guy creepy and annoying. He asked my ex boyfriend why he never held my hand and got on my nerves. He actually has the title of one of the few people I have ever yelled at and seems quite proud of it. I guess anyone reading this may be wondering why I still talk to him right? I decided to give him another chance. I felt like I was missing something, something big like a huge detail about this guy and it got on my nerves. Thus I gave him another chance. I am glad I did. Since last year he has grown up and has changed. At the beginning of the semester he even apologized for his behavior. Also at the beginning of the semester I talked to him about how things were back home and he explained to me they were not good. Thus me being me I did my best to introduce him to some of my friends and visit him and try to help him out because I noticed he did not really have any that I could see that were up here at that time. This is a decision I will never forget. He thanked me last night because evidently he was having emotional difficulties and he thanked me for being there for him. He told me between me and his now fiancee he does not know if he would be here anymore. I found this interesting that last year I would have cared, but only as a acquaintance. Now I would have lost one of my best friends because he is a really good guy and his fiancee is lucky to have him. I think it is a shame on anyone who finds him "weird" or "creepy" because is is awesome. It is funny how it works though. Sometimes the people you think you would be least likely to be friends with turns into your best friend and the people you think you should get along with you hate. I mean if you think about it though that is kind of how life goes isn't it? We tend to be around people that make us feel good and sometimes we have lessons to learn from them. He has taught me a very good lesson about judging and I am glad to call him my friend. I was glad he could turn to me last night because it showed his trust and I would not exchange that for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment