Thursday, March 10, 2011

Helping neighbors/roommates

This is something I seem to be doing a lot of lately and it is a good thing. It is bringing me joy and I am making friends because of it. In college it seems to me to be a bit of a code to treat your neighbors and your roommates like family and I love it. When someone is going through a rough time it means it is time to whip up a fresh homemade batch of cookies. When someone needs something you are there for them. For example one of my neighbors had hives on her lips and refused to leave her apartment because of it. Lucky for her I know a lot about this subject and came over with cookies, benadryl, and vaseline. As weird as it sounds vaseline will make it go away twice as fast as lotion would. Due to my reaction it feels good to know I made a friend because I was the most help to her. I love the way that made me feel and the fact I got a new friend because I was willing to help and to be a good neighbor. In my apartment right now one of my roommates is basically out of food. I keep finding myself wanting her to eat with me and share my food supply. I love this feeling that I am doing her good and ensuring she does not go hungry. It is never fun to run out of food when you are in college and she is very sporty so she needs the food for energy. Due to the choices I am making everyone in my apartment row knows who I am and knows my good works. I love being known for something good and knowing I can do good even when my life is in turmoil itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment