Friday, March 18, 2011

The right thing

I have found that sometimes doing what you know what is right versus sticking with someone you care about is not always easy. The thing is sometimes a person needs help and sometimes doing the right thing is the only way. This can cover basically anything like someone breaking major school rules to someone doing drugs. Sometimes people need help that you cannot give them unless you do something like check them into rehab when they are least expecting it or telling on them so they will get a wake up call. I am not talking about telling on someone for something stupid though, but something that could put their life in danger. You do it out of love, not revenge or some sick satisfaction. They may not realize you are helping them, but in truth you are. It hurts sometimes to do what is right. It is a lot easier to simply ignore a situation and move on with your life like it never happened, but then they may do something worse with worse repercussions. For example last year I was on a bad track and someone told on me. I was angry at first, but it all worked out and I am a better person from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment