Monday, March 21, 2011

Making bread

Ok so for the record I love to cook and I love to bake. I especially love to make bread. I love the fact kneading bread is extremely relaxing and the smell of fresh bread that permeates my place just makes the place just feel like home and add this nice flair to the place. Also homemade bread is better for you than what you get in the store since you know what is in it concluding you made it. They also make great gifts and show you care since you obviously took the time to think of the person you are giving it to.
Whole wheat bread recipe:
2 eggs
1 packet of yeast
1/3 cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of honey
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 cups of buttermilk (I only used one, then again I also did half white and half wheat flour)
1 teaspoon of baking soda

Mix together and set aside for about and hour till risen
heat oven to 400 degrees
stick the dough in a loaf pan and bake for about half an hour (till a knife comes out clean)

No comments:

Post a Comment