Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family history

OK so this is something I am working on. In the LDS world this is really big. I mean big I have a calling in my church for this simply for indexing names into a file base. Basically what I do is I translate cursive and these really old records so the average person can read them anywhere anytime. This makes it easier for us to do our family history. For me this is important concluding my last name is adopted because my great grandfather was adopted. He did not know until his eighties and thus family history has a place in my heart. I believe it is important to know where you come from because those people are a part of you. They make up your genetic code. Also it is actually fun like I found out I am related to the guy who invented the toilet. He made it as a joke. I am also related to Mary Boleyn and my family is old royalty, but we ave lost our titles over the generations. I love knowing where my family has come from and the adventures they have had. It makes my family mine and to me that is important. also in my religion we believe you can be sealed to your family forever. Thus I may know these people in the next life and I think that is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment