Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Service/ peanut butter cup recipe :-)

It is funny in my life there is always one thing that no matter what will bring me joy. That is service. I love to serve others and to help. It is interesting that by doing this I have found I find a little bit more about myself and I feel more connected to the world. It brings me joy to put smiles on others faces and it makes me appreciate what I have and helps me to realize what I can offer. I never get tired of serving others. Even yesterday it was valentines day and I went and made peanut butter cups and left them on people's doors. I only had one yet I had doubled the batch. I had simply given them all away and I feel happy by doing this and leaving homemade cards with them. Sometimes I wonder because I love to do this so much why it is so hard for others? I understand in a way though because everyone is different. If I was to judge on that then someone else could simply ask me why I am not going on a mission for my church, thus I have no right to judge. The thing is in my mind I think the world would be a better place if we all helped one another and shared our love, if we have any with each other.

Peanut butter cups makes about 24
outside part:
one 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
4 tbs of peanut butter
a pinch of salt
Mix together in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for two minutes stirring after one minute for even heating
Take 24 mini cupcake tins and put about one to two spoons of chocolate inside. You can line the sides if desired for more even chocolaty goodness. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes
Filling:
one and a half cups of peanut butter
2/3 cup of brown sugar
mix together and add more or less of either ingredients until you get the desired texture and taste.
take the chocolate filling out of the fridge and put about one spoonful of peanut butter filling in the middle. Press it down and then stick back in the fridge for another twenty minutes.
Take the cups out of the fridge again and cover the rest of the cups with the remaining chocolate until you can no longer see the filling or until you fill to the top of the foil. Chill for another thirty minutes.
ENJOY!! After eating these you will never look at a peanut butter cup from the store again. Also this recipe is vegan and is actually healthier for you than what you get in the store. I use natural peanut butter when I make these. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment