Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Memories :-)

Lately I have been remembering all the fun times I have had with the people in my life. For example I think my favorite memory with my roommates from last winter was when we all slept in the same room after one of us had watched a scary movie. She told her room roommate about it so they got scared. It then spread to our other roommate so we took the cushions from the couch and slept on them. I was the watchdog and made sure it was safe by watching the front door from the safety of the bedroom. We shared a lot of laughter and joy that night. That is why that is my favorite memory with them. For my best friend and the one I call my adopted sister, Leslie it would be that time I made us go down to the creek and first I tested the fallen tree we were using to cross it and then told her it was safe. I then climbed the small cliff and held my hand out for her so she could climb up. She did not take it. She was too scared so I climbed back down and fell in the creek.
The more I think about it these memories say a bit of about our personalities. I always have been protective of my sister and am always the first one to make the big steps in things. I test the waters make sure it is safe and then she follows, but there are times in life when I have held my hand out to have her take a leap of faith and she does not do it. She is very cautious and if something looks dangerous you can count her out. She prefers to play it safe and likes her comfort. With my roommates it came out that we were there for each other. It is interesting how when we look back on memories our personalities come out by how we react. We do not even realize it, but we all react to situations differently. I tend to usually take a protective stance when it comes to my loved ones and will back down to them when it is necessary. I never want to hurt them. When I look back at things I always remember the good times and it makes me happy to know they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment